Pages

Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Remarkable Reading

 Hi Bloggers welcome back to my Blog! This week for Reading it was a T shaped literacy layout, We've been learning was about growth mindsets & things about Grit and determination. First we had to read a scaffolding text then two complementary texts and a challenging text that challenges the first one. After that we jumped into some tasks. 

For our first task we had to pick a goal about what we had just learnt, the goals were: 1. Identify at least one important idea and justify why it is important,  2. make connections between other texts and general knowledge to expand meaning and pose questions, using more sophisticated texts. & 3. identify several ideas, discuss the author's stance or purpose, and understand relationships in the text. I chose the first goal:


Then for our actual Create we had to find a person who showed grit and determination and talk about their mindset, I chose Nelson Mandela, he definitely had a Growth Mindset because whenever he got put down he always got up again and tried his hardest. After that we had to make a DLO about our biggest take away we had around mindsets. This is my Create: 


Who's someone in your life that has shown Grit? 



2 comments:

  1. Tūmeke tino pai Lara! You've done a fantastic job of your blog this week, you have all the information that we asked for and you have gone into great detail. I really like that you chose Nelson Mandela, love the South African connection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Mrs Newbould thank you!

      Delete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post