Pages

Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Spectacled bear

This week was so much fun because we got to do a information report. We got to pick out of a animal information report, country information report and historical event, I chose animal information report. This is my work.

Get to know Spectacled Bears “RAAAA!!!!”
Hi, my name is Lara and I will be telling YOU some cool facts about spectacled bears also known as Andean bears.

Spectacled Bears are one of the smallest members of the Ursidae family. They usually weigh up to 100 and 150 kgs ``WOW!!” That weighs more than a leopard. Their height is 5 to 6 ft which is most  human's height. The spectacled bear colours are black, brown, whitish, yellow and can even be reddish. They also can have coloured rings under their eyes like me when I wake up in the morning. Their fur has a shaggy texture. They are mammals like me and you.

The spectacled bear lives in South America and are the only native species of bear that live in South America. The climate in South America is divided into four groups: tropical, cold, dry and temperate. The spectacled bear lives in trees, dens and can also sleep on the ground. The spectacled bear may be the best climber out  of the bear species. They usually will sleep in trees to avoid predators.


The spectacled bear enemies are pumas which makes my stomach turn inside out Jaguars, adult spectacled bears and humans. To protect themselves they will sleep in trees so the predators won't harm them.

The spectacled bear finds their food in the Andes Mountains. They are omnivores so they eat meat and plants. They eat rodents, birds, berries, grasses and fruit. Their favourite food is Bromeliaceae plant.

The  spectacled bear is endangered, it is the last remaining short faced bear. 


What’s your favroite fact about the spectacled bear?


2 comments:

  1. Hi Lara
    You have provided a great information report on the Spectacled Bear which is interesting and informative. Just with an information report try not to include any thing about yourself as that can change it to another type of writing. I didn't realise that is why they sleep in trees and I wonder if they always have or only as they have become more threatened. What fact did you find most intriguing?
    Katrina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Katrina for the feedback, I found that they sleep in trees to protect themselves very intriguing. What was your favourite fact?

      Delete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post