Pages

Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Terrific turkeys

This week for reading we did a summary about turkeys. I really liked reading the article about turkeys because I learnt a lot of things reading and writing about the turkeys. This is my work.


The turkey is a poultry related to the chicken ,Poultry are domesticated birds and are kept for their eggs. Turkeys live in forest woodlands and open grasslands in the United States and Canada. They live mainly on the ground, they also are not great flyers so they rely on their speed and ability to hide. Turkeys are usually known as a prey species so that means they are vulnerable and food for a lot of predators. They have bare skin with a pink fleshy wattle, Wattle is a fold of skin hanging from their neck or throat. 

Do you like turkeys?

2 comments:

  1. HI Lara Molly here. Yes I do like turkeys do you? your blog was really cool. I loved reading it.
    - Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lara
    Great summary on turkeys with some interesting information. It reminded me what a wattle is. What fact did you find the most fun about turkeys?
    Katrina

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post